Sunday, December 07, 2003

We really got buried this weekend....in snow that is. It looks like we got two feet of snow in our neighborhood over the course of the past two days. I usually love snow. I love seeing it fall....I love being temporarily unable to go to work....and I love getting out there on my skis or snowshoes...I even like shoveling sometimes. However...with my recent broken leg.....my love of snow will probably be put away for the next few months. I am afraid of snow for the time being. I can't even help with the shoveling. I feel bad about this...I wish I could help. I have been in my apartment for 48 hours. I haven't taken a shower since Friday morning. I'm not sure what is going to happen tomorrow. I am supposed to take the Ride to work. At least they can get me there from door to door. My worst fear is of falling in the snow...and hurting myself again. The Ride was only transporting folks who needed dialysis today. I hope this won't be the case tomorrow. Maybe I will get lucky and they will cancel work tomorrow...then this won't be an issue.

This weekend I was supposed to go to the Souvenir Store at Fenway Park to get a gift for my young cousin....have breakfast with Meg.....meet up with Mary....stop off at my friend Maureen's for an Open House.....and the head over to Mike's for the MoveOn party. None of that happened. The weather was too messy to leave the apartment yesterday...Meg didn't make it to Boston....Maureen postponed her Open House....and I called Mike to say that I would not be there.

That being said.....I don't think that this weekend was a complete bust. Yesterday we had a nice time. We listened to the WERS Women in Music show........made yummy pancakes.......read our books......had a tasty dinner, and watched Christmas specials. Today I made a mold of my fist with a "Mold It" kit I got for Christmas last year. It doesn't look so good. It really looks like a blob of plaster. I also painted the creamer and sugar bowl Cyn and Stephanie got me for Christmas last year. They came out nice......I put people holding hands on the creamer, and different colored suns on the sugar bowl. I also finished reading some of the Sandman. I spent quite a bit of the weekend listening to the Nat King Cole Christmas album and consumed a lot of Burdick's hot chocolate....yum.

No comments: