Wednesday, December 03, 2003

I went to my Mom's to hang out with her yesterday after work. It was nice to see her.

Mom was making yummy beef stew. At some point I noticed she was staring into the pot. I asked what was wrong. She seemed concerned that there was a hair in the stew. After some inspection we realized that it was in fact not hair, but rather...a piece of celery string. I don't know what the official name of this is...but you know what I mean. Mom told me that she is losing some hair. She won't be bald...God knows we have thick hair...but her hair is a bit thinner these days.

Mom is having a colonoscopy on Monday. Interestingly enough they do it through the stoma...cool huh?

She also informed me that she only have six treatments of chemotherapy left. She has already had 18 treatments...I guess. Mom is expected to be done with her chemo in early February. I cannot believe the treatment end is near.

My leg.....hmmm....I went to see the physical therapist yesterday. I should probably speak with her baout when my last day will be. I am thinking about seeing the doctor about my other knee...the good knee....the one that makes popping and krinkle noises...and sometimes produces a sharp pain. I am also thinking about seeing a doctor about the foot on the leg I broke. I have wicked pain in my ankle...and arch in the morning. It's probably just plantar fasciitis, but still...it hurts.

No comments: