Wednesday, December 31, 2003

As you know I went to see the podiatrist yesterday. I bought the Spenco Orthotic Arch Supports he recommended at Shore Drug on Belmont Street. "Spenco".....doesn't it sound like "Panko"........the Japanese Bread Crumbs? After work I went to check out Michelson's Shoes in Lexington. The doctor insisted that they sold shoes I would wear. I took a trip there after work yesterday...and he was correct. The people there were very nice and helpful. I told them I would be back to buy some shoes at some point toward the end of the week. I think it's going to be an expensive trip to the shoe store. YIKES!

I arrived early for my podiatrist appointment yesterday. I decided to stop in at the Brigham's Ice Cream across the street from my doctor's office. I got a bagel and a small decaf coffee. As I consumed my yummy bagel I took a look around the room. I hadn't been at a Brigham's since I went with my friend Joanie a few months ago. I grew up with Brigham's, but hadn't thought too much about it in years. My friend Mary P. and I used to eat at a Brigham's on Massachusetts Ave a few years ago. That restaurant closed a few years ago and is now a Boston Market. I remember eating at that same Brigham's before going to a BSO concert with ym 8th grade class. Cynthia and I went to a Brigham's two years ago the day after Christmas. As I looked around the room yesterday I decided that I like Brigham's. It's the kind of place that makes you smile. It has lots of ice cream flavors...and colored sprinkles..and a gumball machine....and ribbon candy....and licorice. I should visit my local Brigham's more often.

I had a great time last night. We got together with my friend Elke at Diva in Davis Square for dinner. I was so happy to see Elke. She and I met at the "little park" near our house in Dorchester 15 years ago and have been friends ever since. Elke moved to Los Angeles a few years ago and I don't get to see her very often. I felt like such a loser friend however. I have know Elke for years...I know her mom..and step-dad.......and her sisters...and cousins...and aunts...and her Omi and Opa. I know all about her asthma..and her allergies to nuts..and dogs and cats. Well silly me went off and bought her a box of Knipschildt chocolates for Christmas...totally forgetting about her nut allergy....and not even thinking about whether or not there were nuts in the chocolates. I felt terrible. She told me she liked the box..and the bag I put the chocolates in..and that she will enjoy "smelling" the box.

No comments: