Friday, September 05, 2003

Ok so....what's new in my medically challenged life....

Yesterday my Mom had radiation in the morning and chemo in the afternoon. In the middle of all of this she managed to buy me some tickets for "the Ride" and go shopping. She is a strong lady to withstand.......burning, the MBTA, the craziness of the city, and poison all in one day.

I went to pt today. My physical therapist decided to increase my exercises by adding ankle weights to my broken leg. I complained that she was being mean...because I have no threshold for pain...and she quickly came back with "well your body weighs alot more then those three pound weights." Ok...so I was put in my place. Hopefully a week from tomorrow my octor will finally give me the blessing to put 50% of my body weight onto my broken....hopefully not still broken by then leg. I really...really hope he lets me....I'm so done with the crutches.

I worked from home today. I registered some people for workshops...assembled a mailing...and created a PowerPoint presentation on functional records management. After five hours of working on the coutch...I decided to try and move the computer. I somehow managed to get the laptop from the living room to the bedroom without breaking either it or myself. Ah....risks.

I spoke with a college friend last night. We do not talk often...but when we do it is always fun. It was nice to catch up with her.

No comments: