Thursday, September 18, 2003

The latest news on my mom is that her surgeon thinks that she has a hernia. I believe this is something that can happen during surgery. One would think so.....with all that poking around the abdomen and such. Unfortunately she has had some pain as a result.

Aside from that I think she is getting tired (physically and emotionally) with the whole chemo radiation combo. I hope she will feel better whne the radiation ends. It should be only a few more weeks of radiation.

I took "the ride" again yesterday. No one called to confrim my pickup...and the driver was a half hour late. However...this experience was better. I could get up the stairs to get into the van. AND...the driver wasn't praising God during my drive...well at least not out loud.

I saw a good film on WGBH last night. It was called Blue Diner. The film is about the relationship between a Puerto Rican woman...and her daughter...and the issues that impact their lives. I would like to add that the film takes place in Boston and some of the scenes were filmed at the Massachusetts Historical Society and the Boston Public Library....both of which I recognized. WAY COOL! I should also note that the film takes place in and around a Boston landmark...the Blue Diner.

No comments: