Monday, September 29, 2003

I spoke with my Mom for a bit last night. She told me about the ct scan she had the other day. They are trying to find out why she is experienceing abdominal pain. It is probably a hernia. If it is a hernia there isn't much they can do right now. I hope they will be able to make her feel more comfortable.

Mom told me that she worked six hours total during the month of September. Things have been rough.

A friend who reads this blog recently asked me about the definition of a "stoma." My Mom has a temporary stoma and I'm frequently mentioning it.
Medterms.com defines it as the following:

"Stoma: An opening into the body from the outside created by a surgeon."

My Mom attaches her colostomy bag to her stoma.......enough said.

I spoke with my friend Heather last night. Heather and I met while we were at Northeastern University. We were both RA's on the same floor in Smith Hall. She currently lives in Pennsylvania.....I miss her tons...she is totally cool. She's one of those people I don't speak with often...but when we do it's like nothing has changed......we just pick up from where we left off and continue on.

Had a great weekend. Went to the Beantown Jazz festival...rented a couple of movies........had dinner......ate brunch..and consumed ice cream with different folks.

No comments: