Tuesday, September 16, 2003

I took "the Ride" for the first time yesterday...what an experience. First of all...I called them to request a 6:30 p.m. pickup. They called and said they would pick me up at 7:00 p.m. Then...they were 20 minutes late. The driver opened the door of the wheelchair van...and the stairs were too narrow for me to get in with my crutches....so I had to use the wheelchair lift. SO...here I am.....standing up....and holding on for dear life....as I am raised into the van. This was scary and embarrassing all at the same time. Then the whole ride home...the driver is singing...and raising one hand......and getting really into this Haitian music. I finally realized it was praise music when he started to say "Hallelujah!" at the end of a line here and there. I was by myself in the van...and got a little chuckle out of the whole experience. I am taking "the Ride" home tomorrow evening too...I wonder if it will be as memorable.

No comments: