Tuesday, February 03, 2004

I ran into my orthopedic doctor's nurse today on the T. We chatted briefly.

I also went to see the my podiatrist this morning. I reported that things were a little bit better...but not much. My ankle's were still way too tight....my arch and heel were bugging me. He gave me a shot of cortisone and asked that my physical therapist send him a report. I decided today that I think my podiatrist is a bitt too brusque for me. AND...that maybe his bed side manner could be worked on a little. At some point he said that I never mentioned anything about plantar fasciitis before. I know that I told him that I thought that I might have it...because I had had it before..etc., etc. He even asked me....why I had stopped wearing inserts in my shoes...when I told him. He also went on about how my physical therapist was telling me to do the wrong thing...before he heard me out. In the end he told me to modify one of the five exercises I had been doing. Oh...and at another time he said something to me like..."I don't know if you are doing the exercises incorrectly....or if you aren't doing them enough." I was annoyed. Talk about blaming the victim. I do all of my exercises...two times a day....like I am supposed to. ARGH! So...at this point...I have this injection in my foot..........I am supposed to continue the exercises........see him in three weeks....and check in with Jen to ask her to send a report to the podiatrist. I just want to walk pain free! Why is this so difficult?

No comments: