Thursday, October 16, 2003

My co-worker Kathi was driving me home from work today.....and we were having a conversation about Chelsea, MA. I had this Dr. Paul Farmer memory. I hear I have a good memory, by the way. Ok so I remember being in the Brigham and Womens Hospital 10 years ago....and they would come and do these neuro checks. See you can get this thing call encepholopathy (sp?) when you get liver disease...it's an excess of iron or something in your brain...and it makes you act crazy. So they would ask me the day of the week...which I felt was an unfair question because I had been in the hospital so long that I lost track. Or they would ask me other questions like.......who is the President of the United States..........what city do you live in....etc. etc.? One day he proceeds to ask me if I know the name of the Presidents daughter. And for the life of me I could not remember Chelsea Clinton's name. I remember him giving me hints....like....."it's a city north of Boston." Eventually I remembered when he gave me that one. I had this feeling that he found this amusing.......I know I did.

I was "googling" people today and I ran across someone I knew a long time ago......like 16 years ago. So...I emailed her...and she actually emailed me back...fortunately she didn't think I was a freak. I have been thinking about her lately because I have been watching more baseball....yee haw Red Sox! We used to play on the same intramural softball team when we were kids. She was a pitcher....and everytime I would get up to bat...and she was the pitcher...I would strike out....because for some reason we could not keep a serious face throughout this batting process. We would just look at eahc other and laugh. I don't know why I remember this.....but I do. It was great to hear from her today. I'm looking forward to hearing more about what she has been doing for the last 16 years.

No comments: