Wednesday, October 29, 2003

I'm still wearing a brace.....and I now have a cane...and am able to drive.......but it's not enough. I want to be able to run...and jump......and not worry about the pain in my leg...or have fear that it will break again. Walking down the street is scary...I have this fear if tripping over my own feet. It has taken me three months to get where I am today. Dr. Chaglassian says I will be cane and brace free in a month.....three weeks and one day to be exact..........and I find it hard to believe that I will be ready to climb a mountain by then.

My mom didn't go to work yesterday. I cannot remember when she went in last. Just to give you an update....the gas like pains in her abdomen have gone away....now she has chronic loose stool. The opium whatever it is called medicine is working a little bit...but not enough where she feels confident enough to ride the T. They found a spot on her lung while doing an abdominal x-ray a few months ago. They noted it again on another x-ray she recently had and it appears to have grown. They are saying it is probably nothing......she is going in for a ct scan on Thursday to make sure. I stopped in to see her yesterday. She seems down...I don't blame her.

My mom and I have gone to the Christmas Festival at the World Trade Center in Boston for the past ten years or so. I called her recently to see if she wanted to go...she seemed excited about going. We made a conditional plan to go based on how we both feel. She might be having colostomy bag issues.....my leg might not be working the way I want it to. I hope we will both feel like going...it would be nice to eat dips....and check out the crafts....and hang out with my mom.

No comments: