Friday, June 04, 2004

Mom is still working part time. I think she has been evaluating her long commute to work. She recently told me that she doesn't like wasting a lot of time getting to and from work. It's interesting to see her assess some of the things in her life from her new perspective as a cancer survivor.

I was excited to learn that a group of gay and lesbian residents of Dorchester have come together to form a group called DotOut. I am enthusiastic because not only am I a lesbian...but I also grew up in Dorchester. So there you go...these are my people. Their website states the following:

DotOUT is a grassroots, political organization representing gay and lesbian voters in Dorchester. We are committed to advancing a legislative agenda that will grant us equal and fair protections under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. We are further committed to working with and supporting those Dorchester elected officials and candidates for elected office whose personal conviction, public position and voting record demonstrate a commitment to us, their gay and lesbian neighbors. We believe in the strength of the gay and lesbian community in Dorchester and, together, believe that we will positively influence local elections and public opinion on issues that are relevant to us.

No comments: