Thursday, March 25, 2004

Waiting.....and Waiting....still waiting...to hear from my hepatologist about my bloodwork. The bloodwork will tell me if I am getting better or not...and provide some background information for my hepatologist to use when making decisions about where to go with my treatment. He mentioned steroids the other day. I'm assuming this means prednisone. Which also means......big cheeks.....acne....irritability......hunger....weight gain.....and a lack of calcium. I'm not looking forward to it. A nice woman on the Autoimmune Hepatitis listserv I am on recently reminded me to focus on the positives....my function is ok....I can pretty much do what I have always done. I need to remember this.

I also have to say that response from my family and friends has been great. Thank you to everyone who has called or emailed to show their support. I really appreciate knowing that you care. I promise I will be in touch soon. I have been a little distracted.




No comments: