Monday, March 29, 2004

Just got a call from the doctors office. Looks like is in in Puerto Rico until Wednesday. I love that he called me with all this urgency and gloom and doom a week ago.......and then goes off to Puerto Rico...and leaves me hanging. Oh well..........I will know more at the end of the week.

Massachusetts lawmakers are meeting today to discuss gay marriage in Massachusetts. You can read all about it at MassEquality. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make it to the State House today. I feel guitly. Maybe my guilt will push me towards the State House after work. We'll see.

The Massachusetts Catholic Conference distributed an anti-gay video to parishes and was shown in some churches this weekend. One gay Catholic took serious offense to the video and professed to the community that he was gay. You can read more about it on the Boston Globe website. I am appalled that such a video exists and that churches showed it. I am a practicing Catholic....and have been involved in my progressive Catholic community for years....and I'm a lesbian. I haven't been to church in over a month. The church is doing a good job at alienating some of their best members. For the first time in my life I am really questioning my place in the church.

No comments: