Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Mom was moved up to her room at the Brigham and Women's at around 2:00 p.m. yesterday. Russ and I went up to see her at around 3:00 p.m. She wasn't as out of it as the last time she had surgery. Mom said she did not have a lot of pain...just discomfort. She rarely used the morphine drip. I spoke with Mom this morning and she said she had gone for a walk three times between last night and today. She is no longer wearing the leg air pump things....and they are giving her heparin shots to prevent blood clots. Mom had a slight fever last night, but appears to be feeling better after taking aspirin. She said she is in more pain today.

We watched the Average Joe finale last night. Please let me throw in a disclaimer......I hate reality tv...I've never watched an episode of this show ever. We only watched it because Mom asked me to tape it for her. What an awful show. I hate to ruin it for people.....but here you go....she chooses the annoying not so average hunk guy...over the sappy Bostonian.....and then reveals that she used to date Fabio.......and the hunky guys leaves her because she used to date Fabio. Is anyone else confused? Why would he leave her because she used to date fabio? What kind of twist is that? How is that a twist?

Today is primary day in Massachusetts. Make sure you go out and cast your vote for your favorite democrat.

No comments: