Monday, March 29, 2004

I have some great news. My enzymes are down a bit. My ALT is 118 and my AST is 111. This is roughly 3 times higher than normal levels. Still..this is good news.....they are going down on their own. I haven't even taken any prednisone. Maybe....if I'm lucky.....they will decide to wait and see...monitor my enzyme levels and NOT put me on prednisone. I shouldn't get my hopes up. I amw aiting to hear back fro the hepatologist with a decision about my meds.

I walked from my apartment to the T today. It took about a half hour. I walked on Friday too. I had a mini revelation last Friday. For years I have dealt with this disease.....I have had cirrhosis.........had bloodwork every few months and stayed away from alcohol all this time. Aside from that...the disease hasn't prevented me from doing anything I have wanted to. I decided that I should run with the fact that I feel ok these days. Yes I have felt a little sick to my stomach lately....and tired....but I can eat......and my being tired hasn't stopped me from going out and doing things. I'm going to make more of an effort to walk...and exercise....and enjoy life.

No comments: