Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday Story

A strange thing happened to me today. I went to Harvard Square after my CTA NextGen faith sharing group to get Mother's Day cards for my mother and Nora. I picked up a card for Nora that said the following...."Whoever has a heart full of love always has something to give". I realized as I was paying that this was a quote from Pope John XXIII. How coincidental is that? I was coming from a CTA group.....Nora was the first person to really bring me to church....Pope John XXIII is my favorite Pope. So......needless to say.....I think it is the perfect card. I hope she likes it.

I also stopped by Million Year Picnic while I was in the Square. Karl Stevens was there doing a book signing. I bought a copy of Whatever. I think I like it so far. I love seeing Boston in graphic novels.

Bought an ice cream cone today too. of course it all came tumbling down as I walked down JFK Street. You think at the age of 34 that I'd be able to eat an ice cream cone without it falling to the ground. No such luck for me. Maybe I should eat more ice cream cones to build up my ice cream eating skills. I think not.........

No comments: