Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day 2008


We just got back from Provincetown. We went to celebrate our 7th anniversary and have gone every year (except for the year my mother was sick) since 2001. What a weekend! We managed to avoid the gaggles of drunk college girls and enjoyed our time there. We stayed at the always lovely Oxford Guest House. We love the Oxford and Trevor and Stephen are great! Happy birthday to Stephen.....I believe today is his special day. Lets see....what did we do? I'll fill you in on our adventures. We ate lots and LOTS of food. We consumed pizza at Spiritus (oh yeah....three espresso shakes too...yum!) and George's, enjoyed lunch at Ross' Grill, found a new amazing place called Victor's, hung out with Erin for raw bar (I don't eat seafood, but my fries were good) happy hour at Clem and Ursies, had a great fried seafood and burger meal at the Lobster Pot with Mommy on the Floor and family, and shared a tasty sandwich and cupcake from Relish. All this fried food is causing havoc so tomorrow I'm back to salad and yogurt. But that being said....it was good going down. I managed to get a teeny bit of exercise in though. B got me a really cool new yoyo (I think I'm getting my yoyo groove back) and we biked to the end of town and back one evening. We also spent some time at the beach, did some reading and sudoku in the garden at Oxford, went to see Suzanne Westenhoefer and Kate Clinton, and took in an AMAZING whale watch (probably the best one I have ever been on). I also took the opportunity to fly Wilma this weekend. Wilma is a 1927 Waco GXE biplane and the oldest commercial aircraft operating in the USA. This was one of the COOLEST things I have ever done. I highly recommend going out for a ride in Wilma if you are ever down the Cape. I managed to record a little bit of my ride.......check it out........

No comments: