Monday, April 12, 2004

My Easter with John Kerry

I had a wonderful Easter yesterday. I got up early and went to church. I arrived at church to find a plethera of news people outside my church. I asked the usher what was going on. He informed me that Senator John Kerry was celebrating Mass with us. I ended up having to sit in the very last row......in the balcony of the chapel and hardly got to see what was going on downstairs. I did notice the two Secret Service guys lurking around. I eventually did see the Senator with his wife Theresa sitting downstairs. I learned that some conservative Catholics were trying to discourage my church from giving Communion to the Senator because of his liberal political views. The press was making a big deal about it. Fortunately the Senator did receive Communion yesterday. Heck....if the Senator shouldn't be receiving Communion.......I guess I shouldn't either. I'm just as bad as he is. I have liberal views too. Hmmm...what do I believe? That taking Communion is a decision between me and my God. So...who are they to tell me...or the Senator that he shouldn't receive Communion?

On another front...I heard from my doctors office today. Looks like my enzymes are almost down to normal. I'm cutting my Prednisone in half starting tomorrow. I will have bloodwork done in two weeks.

No comments: