Thursday, August 21, 2003

Went to see the doctor yesterday. He told me that I have to wait three more weeks before putting weight on my leg. He said he would take an x-ray in three weeks and make the decision. If all looks good then I will be able to put 50% pressure on my leg. How do I measure 50% pressure anyway? Hmm.......maybe my physical therapist will give me a clue. I'm annoyed that I have so much time before I can put weight on it. It has already been three weeks. He initially said four to six weeks...I was hoping for closer to four.

Had physical therapy yesterday too. It was very exciting.

Mom saw the stoma nurse therapist the other day. It appears she needs a smaller seal for her colostomy bag.

Mom and I were talking about how it's sometimes easier to deal with a life or death thing like cancer or liver failure then something some would call trivial such as a broken leg or colostomy bag. It's lifes inconveniences that are so difficult like.....not being able to pick something up off the floor....or being afraid ones colostomy bag would break. I don't mean to trivialize a terrible thing such as cancer or organ failure.....believe me...it's scary knowing you could die. I only mean to highlight that small things can be a big problem.

I was talking with a friend the other day about how when one has an injury...or illness that one needs to go through a grieving process. I think this is true. I definately had a grieving thing going on for a week or so.


No comments: