Wednesday, July 30, 2003

So.....about my Mom...she has decided to go ahead with the radiation. She will be starting that soon. We are still waiting to hear from her doctor.

About me.....I broke my leg on Sunday.....yup.......tibial plateau fracture. I was running for the bus.........my foot hit the ground....I felt a burning pain in my knee....and then I fell and hit the ground. It's all crazy....I don't know why this happened...I was only running. Maybe it's because I'm double jointed.....or maybe it's because I was on Prednisone for such a long time. I hate this. I cannot bend my knee or put any weight on my foor for four to six weeks. I will need to wear a brace that goes from the top of my thigh to my ankle for four to six months. I cannot drive for a few weeks. I am in pain. My leg feels like a lump of painful dead weight. I feel almost paralyzed sometimes. I am trying to learn how to use the crutches....we rented a wheelchair yesterday. I will be out of work for a few weeks. Even when I go back....I'm not sure how it is going to be. My family and friends have been wonderful. Although I'm in this depressed.........percoset induced exhausted mode. I wish this never happened to me. How much medical trauma can one person....one family take in one year?

No comments: