Monday, July 07, 2003

Mom got a call from the hospital saying that they had "forgotten" to look at her chest when they did the CT Scan. So....she needed to go in and have them do that. Silly radiologists.

So....Mom also went to see the oncologist the other day. It appears that the size of her growth and it's location are of some concern. They are thinking about using radiation in conjunction with her chemotherapy. Mom says...not only are they poisoning me.......but now they are thinking of burning me too. I hope they won't need to do the radiation.......but if it will make her better then I'm all for it. It's just that the process sucks..and is awful.....and is nothing I could imagine at this point in my life. Yes...I had liver failure...which incluced peratinitis (sp?) a blood clot in my groin....my turning yellow......blood that would not clot......ascites........fluid in my lungs...and hypoglycemia..........but none of that involved poisoning my whole body or burning me. My Mom has to be strong.......I know she can do it.

I'm taking Mom to chemotherapy today. This will be my first time....her 3rd.

A friend sent me an article on alternative cancer treatments and prevention. She says it is great and has some wonderful information in it. She swears by it in fact. Her aunt has cancer now and is getting chemotherapy. My friend said she wished she had read the article the first time her aunt got sick. My friend is even following some of the preventative advice listed in the article.

No comments: