Wednesday, July 16, 2003

I feel like I haven't posted in an age.....I guess it has been a week. We went to Provincetown last weekend. It was nice to get away for a bit. This was the trip we had postponed because Mom was in the hospital in May. Mom saw the surgeon on Monday and won't be seeing him for a couple of months now. She met with the radiology oncology person yesterday. He outlined some of the issues with the radiation.....positives and negatives. He is looking at her films.........and reports to make a more educated decision about how to proceed. The thing that is different with her possibly getting radiation...is that it isn't 100% clear which way she should go. We knew she needed the surgery....we knew she needed chemotherapy......but the radiation is another story. I feel like this is the first issue that has come up where she has a real say in how to proceed. I don't like these types of decisions.....because its sort of like playing roulette with your own body. There are positives.....there are negatives etc., etc. I guess one would have to way these and make a decision. I wish they had a definitive answer. Of course they don't.

Mom is looking into long term disability.

Today she mentioned something about going in town to do some shopping. I'm glad she is trying to get around.

Tonight I am having dinner with a friend I have known for 15 years. She currently lives in LA and is visiting for a week. Unfortunately her aunt has cancer and my friend was hoping that a visit from her would cheer her up. I hope so....I'm sure it will. My Mom knew that my friend was visiting and had expressed some interest in seeing her. So...after dinner we are planning on hanging out with my Mom for a while. I think it will be nice.

No comments: