Thursday, December 13, 2007

Holidays 2007

The past week has been somewhat stressful...which has definately taken away from my holiday cheer.

My mother was admitted to the hospital on Monday because of some of the problems she has been having with adhesions. Seems things were not moving easily from one end to the other....if you know what I mean. They tried this nasal tube thing to clear out the blockage. So far things seem to be getting better. I spoke with my mom this morning who informed me that they plan to discharge her this afternoon. Hopefully BEFORE the snow starts coming down at the predicted three inches an hour.

I brought the Honda in for its 40,000 mile tune-up yesterday. I nearly fell out of my chair when the mechanic called me during the day to tell me that they had identified some issues and that it would cost me four times what I thought it would. I was not a happy woman yesterday. Something about bushings and control arms, suspension, front brakes, and power steering. Frankly....I was more than annoyed...especially since the car is only three years old.

On a happy note.......we went to Christmas by the Sea in Ogunquit last weekend. We went to a bonfire (see below), ate some yummy food, did some shopping, watched the Christmas parade, looked at crafts at a craft fair, tried local chowder and chocolate deserts, took a wagon-ride, and did lots of singing at two tree lightings and the Front Porch. We had a great time.

No comments: