Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Big Bad Blogger

I was on a roll with blogging back in January and early February, but I have since lapsed. I really mean to be a good blogger...but I just can't get it together. Some people like Sigh Club and Biotic are great about putting good stuff out there. Not me. So....this is what I have been up to since February 7th.

We went out to celebrate Brenda's Birthday on February 10th. We had some folks over for pizza and then headed over to Toast. I consumed too much Red Bull and rocked out to 80's music with Brenda, Dave, and Erin.

We had a great Valentines Day. We rented a Hot Tub at Urban Oasis and went out to eat.

I went to Hartford to have lunch with Meg and talk to some 2nd graders about liver disease on February 17th. These 2nd graders rock!

I went to the Boston Comic Book Spectacular on February 19th. I finally found issues of Rawhide Kid. Marvel's gay cowboy comic book hero. Rawhide Kid came out three years before Brokeback Mountain. Who knew?

I had dinner with my friends Nora and Bill on February 23rd. Nora and Bill were my neighbors when I was growing up. I spent a lot of time at their house when I was young. I love seeing them.

We went to see the Oscar nominated documentary shorts at the Coolidge Corner Theatre on February 27th. I love seeing these shorts every year. I feel lucky to see them at all. They don't usually show in theatres. Although...it seems the Academy really likes depressing topics.

We went to Cynthia's baby shower on March 12th. Yee haw. I cannot wait for the baby to come.

We also went to a surprise birthday party for Jen that night. Happy 30th Jen!

We brought my cousin Rachel to a maple sugarhouse on March 19th. The 19th was her 15th birthday. Happy Birthday Rachel. We took a really cool tour and got some yummy maple syrup. I would highly recommend the Warren Farm and Sugarhouse in North Brookfield if you are in the area.

I started to feel the beginnings of a cold on the 19th. I ended up with a virus that morphed into an ear infection. I was out of work for almost a week. I took antibiotics, stayed home, and consumed a lot of liquids. I am feeling a lot better these days.

We took my step-dad to a Boston Bruins on March 25th to celebrate his birthday. We beat the Buffalo Sabres 5 to 4. Russ' actual birthday was on March 28th. Happy Birthday Russ.

My mom and I took a ballroom dance class that met once a week for eight weeks in Cambridge. Our last class was on March 29th. We learned foxtrot, rhumba, and waltz. It was a lot of fun. I'm bummed it is over. I actually ran into someone who I went to grammar school and day-care with in my dance class. Small world huh? We also met a nice couple named Steve and Anne. Steve is originally from Dorchester. I love meeting people from the neighborhood.

My step-father ended up in the hospital last Friday night. He was having chest pains at work so they sent him to the hospital. He stayed the night and had a stress test the next morning. Everything looked ok. They don't think it was a heart attack. His doctor prescribed him Zantac. He is home now.

We went to see little Parker on Saturday. He is such a cutie patootie. He is getting so big. Brenda and I are looking forward to being godparents.

Saturday night we went to see Mike and Cynthia's new condo in Salem. It is a nice place...and the rooms are big. Congrats to Cyn and Mike.

Last night we tried to go to the Wolfe Women's Final Four Party at Club Cafe. Both Sheryl Swoopes and Sarah Shahi were there. Unfortunately we got there a little bit too late and were unable to get in. We ended up eating dinner at Laurel and getting drinks at Jurys. It was a lot of fun. There were tons of women around since things were so busy at Club Cafe.

No comments: