Monday, April 10, 2006

Baseball Revisited


I was raised in Boston, MA. I was taught to love the Red Sox and hate the Yankees. That being said....I can honestly say that I never really followed what was going on until recently. I had an "ah ha" moment when the security guard at work started talking to me about the Red Sox this morning. I told him what I thought about the new players and even commented on yesterday's game. I realized at that moment that I had become a Red Sox fan. I started thinking about other ways this was showing itself. Over the weekend we went to Maine to celebrate Brenda's father's birthday. While there I spent some time with her 11 year old nephew. He is obsessed with two things right now...hunting...and the Red Sox. I didn't have too much to say about hunting...but I definately had some thoughts on the Red Sox. Tomorrow is opening day at Fenway Park. Lets hope these "boys of summer" can pull it off this year and that I will get to see them play as often as possible.

No comments: