Monday, January 09, 2006

Ah Ha Moment

On January 5th I posted something about how I was getting bored waiting for Ariel Schrag to come out with the next issue of Likewise. The first line of my post read "whatever happened to Ariel Schrag?" Well I think I found out the answer to my question.

Last night I sat down with my partner to watch the third season premier of the L Word. This was a much anticipated event in our house. The season finale of season II had been so awful that we were hoping that season III would redeem the show. Fortunately the premier managed to pull this off. I am not 100% happy with the direction they are taking some of the story lines, but they did do a few things right. They brought back Lauren Lee Smith....she is so cute. They finally added what seems to be a real butch character (Moira). Jenny seems to be less annoying. Bette and Tina are back together. Watching Alice is like observing a train wreck, but it is keeping my attention. Beautiful Helena is back and certainly more likeable than last season. Kit appears to be having a better relationship with her son. I'm glad to see that Shane finally learned to trust another woman (Carmen). AND Dana....well I'm not loving her choice in a partner right now.....but time will tell.

That all being said...back to Ariel Schrag. When the L Word credits rolled I noticed that Ariel Schrag was listed as a staff writer. My guess is that this is the same Ariel Schrag of Awkward, Definition, Potential, and Likewise fame. So...thats why issue four of Likewise hasn't come out yet. She appears to be busy doing something else. Now it all makes sense.

No comments: