Tuesday, May 31, 2005

My Memorial Day weekend was eventful. We went to the camp in Maine. This is usally a nice time. We do yard work. Pick up branches. Hang out. It was a nice time this weekend too. However the bugs made it a bit difficult. I got eaten alive by the black flies. And lucky me found a tick embedded in my right ear. I had a hard time getting it out. B managed to get it out of my ear. However it looks like it wasn't actually in my ear. B was able to flick it off with some work. I never drew blood. The tick head doesn't appear to still be in my ear. At first I was strssed out about it being a deer tick....and the whole lyme disease thing. After a closer look we believe it was a wood tick. We also realized that if the tick was hanging there that it couldn't have been for too. long. Certainly less than 12 hours. BUT we did decide to keep the tick and keep a lookout for a rash and/or other lyme disease symptoms.

We watched a bunch of episodes of the Deadliest Catch yesterday. I couldn't stop watching once I turned it on. The Discovery Channel was running a marathon. If you get a chance definately check this show out.

No comments: