Friday, May 30, 2003

Yesterday I did a search in Google under the terms "etiology and colon cancer" and I got a link to this blog...it was kinda crazy. Then I did a search using the terms "etiology and autoimmune hepatitis." Of course I did not get this blog. In fact I didn't get much at all. It is amazing how little information there is in the world/on the web about autoimmune hepatitis. There are websites on liver disease that mention autoimmune hepatitis....webpages on lupus...and Crohn's disease...but not much dedicated specifically to autoimmune hepatitis. I find it frustrating. Fortunately there seems to be quite a bit out there about Colorectal Cancer. The unfortunate consequence of this is that a lot of the information out there is scary. And reading it without the interpretation of a physician is overwhelming.

I just realized I have been rambling about the lack of information on the web about my illness. I just have to say that I am librarian by training and that most of the medical information on the web would probably kill you. Always make sure what you read on the web is credible.

I had dinner with some close friends last night. We also got frozen drinks to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the climbing of Mt. Everest. I got a virgin strawberry daiquiri of course. It was the first time I have really done anything social since my mom got sick. It was nice to see them. Now that we know we are in this for the long haul I have been trying to get back into the swing of things slowly. I emailed my book group.......I contacted my Walk for Research team etc., etc.

Ok back to my mom. She is having her stitches out today. She is also meeting with the Stoma nurse. I hope it goes well.

No comments: