Thursday, May 29, 2003

My mother just called me. It appears she won't be meeting with the oncologist until the middle of June. They said she will need to heal a bit before starting the chemo. I went over to my parents' house after work yesterday. Everyone...my mother....stepfather......my partner and myself are all experiencing normal feelings. It's all very sad really. Mom said we should go ahead and reschedule our vacation plans. It seems she will have chemo for a few months...then they will reconnect her. My fear is that we will schedule to go away and something bad will happen while we are away. I wish this never happened......but we are here now. Being sick is awful...it's such a fight.

The name of this blog is etiology. Merriam Webster's online dictionary defines etiology as "CAUSE, ORIGIN; specifically : all of the causes of a disease or abnormal condition." When I first presented signs of liver failure 10 tens years ago they kept telling me that I had "liver failure of unclear etiology." Hmmm....what does this mean? WE HAVE NO CLUE WHY YOU ARE SICK! I know the medical community is working hard to rid the world of disease.....but it is really scary how far behind medical science really is. The goal of this blog is to act as an outlet for all that is going on in my life. However I also have many medical links listed on this page. My ultimate goal would be for this blog to be of some use for someone else. I hope that in the future no one will have to hear WE HAVE NO CLUE WHY YOU ARE SICK!.....or "...of unclear etiology."

No comments: