Wednesday, May 28, 2003

My mom just called me at work. It appears that the growth they removed from her colon is in fact cancer. 13 out of the 14 lymph nodes they looked at were clear....however one of them did have cancer. So it looks like she will need to have chemotherapy. As far as when this will start.....for how long ....and when the surgery to put her back together again will be.........I have no idea. I'm feeling sad and scared for her. I was praying that the lymph nodes would be clear. What she is about to endure is scary and exhausting........I only hope it will be successful.

The following is a posting from another blog I was writing before I started this one. The blog was posted on May 20, 2003


My life has been turned upside down. My mother spent all day Saturday in the emergency room and was finally admitted to the hospital that night. On Sunday afternoon at around 3:30 p.m. they told her they thought she had colon cancer. At 5:30 p.m. she was in surgery to remove the growth. I went to the hospital yesterday afternoon and spent a few hours with my mom. She was on lots of morphine and was feeling really uncomfortable. I brushed her hair and helped her get out of the bed into a chair and helped her brush her teeth. I was a mess when I left. I had all these feelings about how she had taken care of me...and now she was sick....and I don't know what I would do without her etc., etc. I'm still a mess today...but I'm trying to get through the day.

No comments: