Thursday, November 20, 2003

I went to see the orthopedic surgeon today. This is my last visit to him. he told me that I did not need my brace anymore...or my cane. However...I cannot run...kick.....or jump for the next two months. I cannot ski.....rollerblade...or ice skate for the next two months. I cannot walk on the sand for two months. I can ride my bike on flat surfaces and go on long walks. I need to be super careful with snow and ice. I learned today what would have happened if I had needed the surgery. It would have been surgery........then six to nine months of recovery. Then....I would have to have the hardware removed...which would mean more months of recovery. Here I was complaining about four months. I am off to physical therapy this afternoon to work on my limp.

No comments: