Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My Uncle John

My uncle John passed away last Thursday. It was a surprise for all of us. He had a heart attack in the shower. He was only 49. This has been hard for me and my family. I hadn't see much of him in recent years, but have a lot of good childhood memories that include him. He spent a lot of time at my apartment with my mother and I shortly after my parent's divorce. Sometimes he would babysit. I remember watching tv (most likely the Love Boat) with him and laughing about the afghan my grandmother had made that had a lot of holes in it. She made it with love and it was warm, but we couldn't figure out why it was warm because it had so many holes. The holes were part of the pattern. We laughed so hard about that. Another time he came over and made us breakfast. This was a special occasion. I don't remember what he made us, but I do recall it involved eggs and milk. He loved milk. He drank more milk than anyone I had ever seen. John was a very sensitive person with an enormous heart. He loved his children more than anything else in the world. He will be missed.

No comments: