Friday, November 12, 2004

My hepatologists office got some flu shots...and I was on the list, but it appears that some other patients took higher priority over me. I still haven't gotten my shot.

The City of Somerville called to say theyw ere having a flu clinic next week. I cannot make it on that day. I am going to try to make it on the other day of their flu clinic. I need to get a letter from my dictor explaining why I am at "high risk."

I am having one of those days where I am annoyed with the lack of care we get from the medical community. My eye doctor's office said that they did not take my medical insurance card. They say I need to file a claim on my own. I find out I have an eye discount program. My doctors office doesn't believe me....I'm not in their system they say. I call the vision discount program again. They say to call the doctors office again. My health insurance has this "better than nothing" policy with paying dental bills. Maybe my beef is really with the insurance company. I feel that I spend more money for healthcare now than I ever have before.

No comments: